My Own Best Friend


By making yourself better, by challenging and growing yourself, you can contribute to the lives of others, you can create value in the lives of others.

I make these videos, make my audio recordings - I have to repeatedly check out myself, how I sound, how others will perceive me and criticize me, the errors and mistakes therein.

If I don't do these things I won't get to the point of self discovery, self appreciation and self actualization.

Looking for the opinions of others to validate my work and support my unhealthy ego will not help me. We belittle ourselves and sabotage our chances of doing great work when we are so desperate for the approval of others.

Investing in yourself is the best way we can contribute to our lives, our families and our societies. You don't attract what you want, you attract who you are. Make you a better person to attract better people and be open to feedback and criticism. 

Like Tim Grover said, the only difference between feedback and criticism is the way you hear it - how you interpret them. Look out for the opinions of others that ensure what you put out in the market place is of the highest value.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silver Naira - Selling Nigeria as a Brand

Earn that Name or Title