What If Your Best Isn't Good Enough?


EIGHT years ago I was here sitting like this as these gentlemen and ladies - believing that I have made it and I am going all out to be a great and wealthy dude in Lagos, Nigeria.

I was here to give my best and my all.

But within one year, I was out. Out surprisingly. I thought I gave my best. I thought I gave my all. I thought my best deserve some level of consideration that will lead to permanent employment.

But the truth is:

What if your best isn't worth it

What if your best can't make the cut

What if your best wasn't the best they are looking for.

For a long time I kept telling myself a wrong story as to why I couldn't make the cut - I had bad attitude. I kept repeating that to myself. What others told me. I told myself I was unteachable and that was why I was let go. I believed and started telling myself all the negative stories people gave me as reasons for not making the cut. I believed their stories and I embodied their lies.

What story are you telling yourself on a daily basis?

What lies have you believed about yourself?

What definition do you have concerning you?

Why allow someone's label to be a permanent name on you?

It was a big shift for me. Moving from a village in one state, never having a real life working experience, never being exposed to the real word, never traveled outside my region, going to another state and being placed in a multinational and meeting people from all over the world with different backgrounds and cultures. I was overwhelmed. I was protective. I was scared. I just wanted to do my thing and believe it will pay off. I was learning to fit in very fast.

Did I fit in? Oh No!

Did I do my thing? Oh Yes!

Did it pay off? My guess is as good as yours.

Life is amazing. Amazing and Great opportunities are going to come your way. Be ready when they do come, be ready before hand, cos at the moment when theese opportunities are with you, there may be few or no time left to get set.

Your parents don't have to have a car for you to learn how to drive one

You don't have to have someone in Abuja or Lagos for you to leave Port Harcourt or Delta and see how life looks like in these areas. Get yourself exposed. Do things you would not normally do. Learn new things. Meet new people and learn their culture, their ways of life, how they understand and interpret life

You may not have a complete knowledge as to why, but sooner or later, those experiences will end up being the reason why you are the best candidate for the endorsement deal, for that multi million dollars contract, for that job in the greatest company in the world.

Experiences are worth diamonds. They are worth more than the money. Don't miss out on them. Don't run away from them. Embrace them and use them and learn from them.

This is life. Learn how to evolve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silver Naira - Selling Nigeria as a Brand

My Own Best Friend

Earn that Name or Title