This Amazing Girl is Worth the World


They say you can't give what you don't have. But, at the same time, amongst all you have, all you have been blessed with - how much have you given out. What are you able to give. I believe life is about giving. Once you can give, you have a heart to give out, then you are living a great life - give out good off course.

There is this amazing great lady I work with - she is 10 years old and just entered Secondary School. I work with her as her coach in Mathematics. She is awesome and Great with high level of understanding. She is bold and very outspoken but I remember the day I told her this:

Hey Jane (let's use Jane as against her real name) if there is any time I am being foolish in my class - if I am doing something that makes me to deserve the name a fool, just say it, don't be afraid to say, hey Mr Otavie, you are being a fool today. When I told her that, I noticed how her eyes lit - how she looked at me and nodded her head in understanding.

I can remember another occasion where I asked her a question and she fails to get it and she came up with this reason - cos I am smarter than her and I am smarter because I am older than she is. I immediately shut her up (politely though). I asked if she has seen people older than her? She said yes! Then I proceed, have you not seen people older than you and behave in a foolish way? She said she has seen. So how do you justify your answer. "So people are not necessarily smart because of there age, but because they want to - because they get themselves exposed and are willing to learn and apply what they have learned" I replied her.

Now where I am going to is simple - catch them young - build the mentality in them quick and make them not feel bad because they are girls, they are ladies or they are women. Let them know that there's something special about them even at a tender age. Allow them and make  them  to discuss and appreciate the power they possess even as females. Let them know they are worth the world and that the world is incomplete without them.

Let them appreciate the beauty they have possessed - internal and external

Let them have the freedom to define who they are apart from that definition a man gives to them.

Let them express their power, their mind and their abilities just like everyone else without feeling bad about their gender.

Feel free to occupy the front seat as a woman. Know that you have freedom even in world that seems like freedom is synonymous to men. Women has the power to move the world to the next level, the earlier we appreciate and leverage the power of women, the better for us and the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silver Naira - Selling Nigeria as a Brand

My Own Best Friend

Earn that Name or Title